Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

COME LET US ADORE HIM



Happy Monday everyone, hope you all had a great weekend, as you may have gathered I don't often make cards during the weekend, but usually when time prevails I try to at least make one every day during the week, sometimes I luck out and manage to make two. It just depends on how my creative juices are flowing!! Anyway here is my card for today.
I have used in contrast to the paper some really pretty stitches in shiny gold thread. On the front there are 3 different types of stitches. The card has lots of dimension and embellishments. A little gold ribbon loops at the top of the picture. On top of that there is a little metal plate which has the words "FAITH" on it. The stamp itself has been heat embossed and covered with holographic powder (see the pics for the way it changes color in the light). I have pieced together fabric leaves/flowers and added little gold beads to the ends. The inside coordinates with the outside of the card and has also been stamped and heat embossed in holographic powder. The card comes with a beautiful handmade box envelope to ensure that this card will not get damaged. Look at the pics for much more detail.


This card will be available at http://www.darlingdelights.com/ from 7:00 p.m. this evening.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This card is just stunning. Love the stitching.

krissy knox said...

Hi Wendy, or can I call you Louby? I stumbled upon your blog just by chance. I was clicking on Blogger blogs and yours came up.

Oh my you do spectacular work! I am looking particularly at this card and I am amazed. You are so artistic. And this one with the Holy Family is especially special.

Now I know you have to do this for the sheer love of art, and perhaps wanting to give something to others, no? You can't possibly be making back the price you put into your time! I was just wondering how you do this, you put so much work, time, and love into each one. Artists are not ever really compensated, are they?

Okay, take care. I have to get back to work. I am working on some online projects. And I just started a blog in Blogger. If you want to check it out, click on my head by my name, in the comments, (LOL), or click on krissy knox, and it should take you to my profile. You'll find my main blog there, Sometimes I Think. I guess because I am a partime thinker, LOL. At any rate, come check me out. But do not look too closely, I just started my blog a few days ago. Actually just migrated it from another blog site -- AOL. Because AOL is shutting down their blogs in three days or so. Okay, I must get back to work. Nice to meet you, Krissy :)