Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tutorial on Ribbon Closure Envelopes


Start with envelope template. Sew and secure edges with tape if you like to sew your edges

Fold you top and bottom edges and mark where you want to place you eyelets
Make larger holes (I use exacto knife)
Inset eyelets into holes (make sure the good side is facing out!!)
Use your setter tool and hammer the eyelets down
Cut two equal pieces of ribbon
Insert ribbon from the front through the eyelet and secure with some tape
Cut your envelope liner and glue into place on the top flat, covering your stitching and ribbon, Repeat process for the other side.
Inside of finished envelope
Finished!!
I hope this tutorial was helpful, please leave a comment to let me know. Thanks for stopping by

9 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to try this out.

Jackie (Sweetest Girls) said...

I am going to have a try at this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I'll give it a try!!

Heather said...

What a cute idea! I love how the paper layer covers up the ribbon end. Thanks for sharing!

UKMUMINUS said...

Thanks for such a great tutorial. TFS

UKMUMINUS said...

Thanks for such a great tutorial. TFS

Gigi said...

Thanks for the tutorial, very nice!

Heather said...

What a great tutorial thanks for sharing your project!!!

I love the colors you used too!!!

Heather

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Thanks so much for this tutorial!!Keep them coming. We love it when you explain how to add incredibly cute touches to cards and envelopes. Best, Jeni