Followers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Digital Delights and Breast Cancer Awareness Month




As you all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I wanted to illustrate something that would be useful for all those cards for a cause!! I came up with Pink Ribbon Maggie May and created the card above using her.

She is free for the taking all week long over at Digital Delights!!

My good friend and senior DT member Cindy also posted this list of other awarenesses and causes who also use the colored ribbons.

So you could use Maggie May for a number of these too!!

Red - HIV/Aids
Black- Melanoma
Green- Donation Awareness, organ transplantation, Environmental Protection
Teal - Ovarian Cancer
Gold - Childhood Cancer Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness
Puzzle- Autism
Silver - Brain Disorders (Ovarian Cancer, Australia)
Orange- Leukemia, Self Injury
Blue - Child Abuse, Chronic Fatigue
Sky Blue- Prostate Cancer
Purple - Cancer Survivor, Fibromyalgia, Alzheimer’s, Pancreatic Cancer
Lavender- Epilepsy
White - End of Violence Against Women
Yellow- Support our Troops
Gold- Childhood Cancer

Have a great evening
Hugs
Wendy

8 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Just beautiful card Wendy and Maggie is adorable. I love the inside too! Wow!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Wendy

This is a perfect card with your fantastic image.

Ali x

Beautiful Greetings said...

Gorgeous card Wendy! I love this image and am going to play with it tomorrow! Your stitching is amazing.

SemSee said...

Hi Wendy! Sorry for having to contact you via your blog, but ...

I need to let you all know that I am without PC and internet/email as from early this morning (Sun 4th Oct). Switched the PC on as per usual, and it wouldn't boot - corrupt files - think there's problems with the registry, so it's going to have to go to a pro who knows how to sort it out! (Have no laptop).

My wonderful neighbour has let me use their PC to hop online and let everyone know.

So, as I have no PC or internet or email until further notice, I'm obviously worried that I won't be around for Thursday's guest DT spotlight. I hope this can be sorted out sooner rather than later, but if you haven't heard from me by the end of tomorrow (Monday), it may be best to move my GDT spot to the other date you suggested?

So sorry about this - I hope I'll be back very soon! (Can't stop, as I don't want to hog my neighbour's PC for longer than necessary, and I'm trying to let everyone know!)

Hugs, Sem x

Terry Oulboub said...

I love pink! I love your card and so sweet of you to make a card for this worthy cause - Breast Cancer Awareness month. On behalf of my aunt (who passed away earlier this year) whose cancer came back when she was 85, I'm going to use your free digi and make a card and post on my blog with a link back to you for others to know. Thanks so much Wendy!

True :) said...

Very pretty Wendy Loo!
Love the rose paper and all of that fabby stitching!
Hugs,
True :)

Dianne said...

Beautiful Wendy !! It is so elegant looking with the rose paper and stitching.

Boo Bear's Place said...

I never thought of doing these images for other causes I just figured Breast Cancer since it was october but when I read this post it hit me I was wow I'd love to do one for several of these cards in rememberence to those that I've lost.

I've never made a card before, so how would I go about creating one? would love to do this one but do I save it and copy it on hard stock or what? sorry I am totally clueless would appreciate an email ezziriah@gmail.com