Followers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Jingles the Snowman, Shadow box / Shaker Card and Some Challenges!!


I have been wanting to make a Shadow box forever and finally got around to it!! I actually went one step further and made it a shaker shadow box!!


I used one of my latest illustrations from the new releases over at Digital Delights, Jingles the Snowman, and printed him out twice. I cut him out and then on the other just cut the head and scarf, then put him together with foam dots. The background was made with a cloud template and water based ink. The rest of the scene was created using paper piecing which I cut from different card stocks. I used my dotty cuttlebug folder for the snowy hills and then added some flowersot around the edges.

The front of the shadowbox has an acetate window. For the shaker part, I added some micro beads and  Diamond Dust. I also used my cricut to cut out the word "SNOW" on the front and also to cute out the frame around the box which I distresed with my nail file!!
I finished off by adding some snowflake buttons, a row of beads and some ribbon.

Of course being a shadow box the card is pretty deep, so that called for a handcrafted box!!

On the inside I made a small envelope to hold a gift card and used my new MS Loopy punch for details!!

I also entered it into the following challenges:
Stamp with Fun - Create a Scene
Papertake Weekly - Spots & Stripes
Creative Card Crew - Snowflakes
Cuttlebug Challenge - Favorite things (Jingles te Snowman)
Stamp with Stampavie - Blue and Silver
Color Throwdown - Eggplant / Blue / Razzleberry (kind of close!!)
Daring Cardmakers - Use newest punch

Hope you are having a fun day!!
Hugs
Wendy

19 comments:

Julie said...

WOW!! Wendy this is absolutely stunning. A lot of work's gone into this and it really shows. I think Jingles is my favourite image at the mo.
Julie x

Joan Ervin said...

This is just precious, Wendy!!! Such darling images and every little detail is fabulous!!!

Lisa Foster said...

This just goes beyond any words I can find to describe beautiful! I love all of the fabulous details! It's absolutely PERFECT! I LOVE it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sue said...

wow what a stunning card and box, gorgeous snowman, such a lot of work luv it, sue,x

Lynda said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning! The details are amazing. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Nette said...

very nice card.
Thanks for joying us at SwF.

Nette

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely card!
Beautiful colors and lovely details!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Wendy,

Absolutely stunning creation, I love the image too.

Hugs Ali x

Yanitza Ramos said...

This is so cute and so clever... you did a terrific job! Thanks for joining us at Stamp With Fun!

Dianne said...

This is totally adorable. The image makes the card. Well, that's part of it - all of it is fabulous.

Dianne said...

This is totally adorable. The image makes the card. Well, that's part of it - all of it is fabulous.

Edith said...

What a lovely card, Wendy! Love the colors and details.

Valoudesbois said...

Superbe carte, merci de ta participation à Stampavie and More

BA said...

hi wendy
this is absolutely stunning, love the cute image.
thanks for joining us at stampavie & more
xoox BA

Barbara said...

A beautiful card and box, so much detail and fabulous colouring.
Barbara
xx

Maggie said...

wow I luv the shaker card.
Thank you for supporting us and playing :)
Maggie

Nilla said...

Great project! Love the box and the card combo! Thanks for joining the fun at SWF! Hugs Nilla

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Wendy, what a stunning card. I love the cute image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Great scene and love the matching box. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

tanjaak said...

Oh how lovely! Thanks for joining the Stamp with Fun challenge, hope to see you in the next one aswell.

hugs, Tanja